header logo

Toolbar

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Making Heart Disease Nothing More Than A Memory


Lorna's Laces decided to get involved with Stitch Red when I found out that heart disease is the number one killer of women in this country. If you'd have asked me, I would have bet it was cancer. I would have lost that bet.


I'm pretty lucky, there isn't much heart disease in my family. My mom is 94 and my grandma lived to be 98. But that doesn't mean it hasn't touched my life. A childhood friend and next door neighbor, Lorrie, came home from school one afternoon to find the paramedics unsuccessfully trying to revive her 44 year old father. He'd had a massive heart attack. It wasn't my dad but it was right next door. It's had a lasting effect on my life.

Lorna's Laces has earmarked our best selling red, #11ns Bold Red, in Shepherd Worsted as our Stitch Red product. This easy care, superwash merino is a great choice for your next project.

I'm a firm believer that not much happens with big Eureka! moments. Most important discoveries happen as the sum of many small events. That's one of the things I find so attractive about Stitch Red. It gives us all a chance to place one piece in the puzzle that will one day make heart disease nothing more than a memory.

In the meantime, we have to eat. We have pasta at our house a couple of nights a week. Just before the pasta is finished, I toss a couple of handfuls of veggies (broccoli is a favorite) into the pot right along with the noodles. Everyone gets an extra serving of veg and there are no extra dishes to wash. 

- Beth Casey, Lorna's Laces


No comments:

Post a Comment