header logo

Toolbar

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Barry Klein Sets Stitch Red Trends

Poppy yarn in Red Barron
Barry Klein of Trendsetter Yarns truly is a trend setter himself. We asked him to share a little bit about the Stitch Red product that his company will be contributing. This one is unique, not just in its style, but in that a portion of proceeds from ALL colors of this product will go to the cause. You can view other colorways of the Poppy yarn here.

Why did you choose to get involved with the Stitch Red campaign? 
I chose to get involved with the Stitch Red campaign because of who our customers are. Most of our clients are woman and without clients we have no business. We must all work together to fight heart disease. I also come from a family that fights high blood pressure and obesity and stroke, all that can be fought with a healthy heart.

What product have you created for the Stitch Red campaign? What was your inspiration behind it?
Terry wearing a Poppy scarf
We selected a product called Poppy which is a scarf yarn that is a wide mesh that has wool tops attached to one edge. I created a jacket in Red using three of my favorite yarns and attached Poppy as the detail effect. I love that scarf yarns are still the most fashionable. I love that they are easy to knit, quick to knit and be crochet as well. What is better for your heart than to have something to hold onto that feels incredible and is easy to do……makes my heart happy!!

What's your favorite heart healthy tip?
A group of us have been doing Weight Watchers for the past year. It is important to learn a way to enjoy the foods you love but maintain the idea that quantity is something to watch. In addition, we have been doing 3 hours of Zumba in order to get our heart rates up and get into an aerobic state. Food is really important. It is my reward and so doing the exercise allows me to enjoy the foods I love.

What gets your heart racing?
What gets my heart racing is being with a group of people who love to knit and create and who love to be creative. Nothing is more satisfying than teaching people something new that they will share with their friends. Trendsetter is my company…in fact its my life. I love sharing the yarns that I create, the patterns I create and then have people come and show me what they’ve made in my yarns. Having people appreciate “my yarns/my kids” as much as I do really gets my heart racing.

Barry will also be featured as one of the designers in the upcoming Knit Red book. For a sneak peak at his pattern (and the 29 others in the book), a digital preview is available here.

Thanks Barry for your fabulous yarn, patterns, and commitment to the cause!

No comments:

Post a Comment